It was the only place allowed to sell meat in the city of Haarlem from 1604 until the
eighteenth century. Here was selling fresh meat, while in Warmoesstraat, street next
to the building was sold salted meat. Renaissance style was built between 1602 and
1603. It was meat market until 1840. Then he went public library since 1950
houses the Museum of Hallen, part of Frans Hals museum.